We tried this recipe in place of the go-to green bean casserole for Thanksgiving Dinner and I just had to share it!!! It was delicious warm right after it was prepared and it was so delicious cold the next day that no one else in my house got leftover green beans.
I made it without the wax beans since they are not available this time of year.
* 1/2 cup(s) packed fresh mint leaves
* 1 1/2 pound(s) green beans, trimmed
* 1 1/2 pound(s) wax beans, trimmed
* 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 lemon
1. Heat 7- to 8-quart covered saucepot of water to boiling on high. Meanwhile, finely chop half of mint.
2. To saucepot, add beans and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook 7 to 8 minutes or until just crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
3. While beans are still warm, in large bowl, toss with oil, chopped mint, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Transfer to large shallow serving bowl. Grate lemon peel directly over beans, then tear remaining mint leaves and scatter over beans.