Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pay Attention- The Service Car Light

It Pays to Pay Attention!
Life is so busy that sometimes paying attention is near impossible.
However, taking a moment to give things a once over can be very rewarding.

In my last post on this topic I discussed the benefits on paying attention to your register receipts.
Well, this post is on the topic of automobiles!

Several weeks ago I noticed my headlight was out.  As I began to pull out of my driveway (I was driving in daylight, so the headlight was not an urgent matter) I noticed the service light come on.  I also noticed that it triggered flashing headlights.  I was determined to change the headlight myself and hopeful that, as odd as it sounds, the flashing of the headlights coinciding with the service light meant the problem was simply that the headlight needed to be replaced.  I headed to the auto parts store and purchased the necessary lamp.
When I finally got around to changing the lamp, the service light went off.  I took the car for a quick drive and nothing appeared to be wrong. 

Paying attention to my automobile and recognizing the correlation between the blown lamp and service light saved me a trip to the mechanic and the bill that accompanies that trip!

It pays to pay attention!

1 comment:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

So true! How often we refuse to look at the light or put it off. I know I have...

Thanks for sharing! :)
Sherry