Thursday, September 30, 2010

Menu Plan ----errrr, Thursday???


My kids have been sick, work has been BUSY, and now I'm sick.  It's weeks like this that I don't really menu plan, but am most thankful for the "convenience" foods and frozen casseroles in my freezer.

Here's what this week's menu has naturally evolved as:

Monday- Grilled Chicken with Uncle Ben's Garlic Brown Rice
Tuesday- Chicken Nuggets and French Fries with salad
Wednesday-  Baked Pasta with Sausage and Zucchini Casserole (both from the freezer)

Here's what I think the rest of the week might be:

Thursday-  Ropa Vieja with rice and salad
Friday-  Tamale Pie with a side of Hormel Chili Master Chili
(my darling husband needs a bit of meat and the chili should satisfy that!)
Saturday-  Tilapia with pasta and whatever local veggies we can pick up
Sunday- leftover pasta and veggies

The UP side:
I had plenty of easy stuff in the freezer and we're using up some food that needs to be used up. 
The DOWN side:
I need to restock my freezer.  It's looking pretty baren.


No comments: