Friday, November 26, 2010

Shopping Trips 11/13-11/26---WAY OVER BUDGET!

I finally sat down to add up all of my receipts and was only moderately surprised to find that I went Way Over Budget this month!  On the plus side, there have been several months where I was under budget and very few where I have been over budget, so all in all this month's splurges are not the end of the world.  It was also nice to try a few new recipes that required more expensive ingredients.  I really liked the Gruyere cheese in the Walnut and Sage Gratin we made for Thanksgiving!
I don't have pictures of all my trips, but here's the shopping I did the day before Thanksgiving!



Total Spending Weeks 1&2 = 39.52
Total Spending Week 3 = $48.43
Total Spending Week 4 = $121.73
Total Spending for November = $209.68
Total Budget for November = $160
November Savings = $895.xx or 81%

Over Budget by $49.68

Did your Thanksgiving budget put you over budget?
Mine certainly did, but I'm perfectly fine with it :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, that's okay, you still did great! I didn't go over budget, but then again I went to my in-laws' house, so though I brought a bunch of side dishes, I didn't have to buy a big turkey.

So glad you linked up at Wednesday Weekly Shopping at Frugal Follies! I'd love so see you again next Wednesday!

Noelle said...

Thanks, Laura!

The other plus side is that I do not have to cook for several days!

Amber @ SiMoney Savers said...

I think you did great! Our budget for 4 weeks is $175, I am usually a little under. Didn't go over budget for Thanksgiving but I didn't have to host. However my daughter is getting ready to turn 15 and I imagine I will be going over budget that week for the party. :)