Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pay ATTENTION!


It Pays to Pay Attention!
Life is so busy that sometimes paying attention is near impossible.
However, taking a moment to give things a once over can be very rewarding.

Last week Shoprite had a "manager's special" on select varieties of Activia at 97c.  I had a couple 75c/1 IPs in my coupon folder.  I was prepared to pay 22c for the yogurt.  Now, here's where it gets a little complicated.  For those of you who know Shoprite, you are wondering why I was expecting to pay 22c when the coupon should double to make it FREE.  Let me backtrack for a moment.  Sometime ago ( a year or so) my local Shoprite "upgraded" their registers.  I began to notice that not all of my Qs were doubling correctly.  There are a variety of scenarios, but in most cases if something was on sale for $1.49 and I had a 75c/1 Q it would not double.  Previously (and according to Shoprite policy) the Q should double by taking off 75c then 74c to make the total 0.  You may remember my post "Why I'll pay 9c for a can of beans I could possibly get for Free!", which also deals with this same issue.  Well if a coupon didn't double I had to get CS to override the Q and so forth and so on.  This often was a waste of time.
So, back to the Activia....
I like to try and keep an eye on the register as the cashier scans the coupons, but on this particular trip I had a rather speedy cashier.  As the numbers flew by on the screen I was pretty certain I saw the Activia double 75c and 22c to 0.  I checked my receipt and sure enough, this was the case.  I've tested this out with a variety of Qs now and it appears Shoprite has resolved the computer problem!

It pays to pay attention!

Check back next week for another Pay Attention post!

No comments: