Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wednesday Tip Day- Every Last Drop

I'm frugal and I don't like to waste.  
That being said, nothing stresses me out more than a drop of something good stuck in the bottom of the bottle. 
When you've got some honey or maple syrup that you need to get out of the bottle, simply place the bottle in a bowl of warm water to loosen up the good stuff!

On a related note, I take the last bit of ketchup and add a tiny bit of water.  I then combine this watered down ketchup with the new bottle once there is room and give it a good shake to distribute.

Waste not!

2 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Another idea is to make vinaigrette with the last of any mustard you have. Just add a little vinegar and oil and give the jar a shake!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I'm so much the same way! Great tip on the ketchup though! I often rinse the bottles of juice and then toss it in the kids cups. Silly, I know. But I hate to waste! I get it from my grandmother.

Come on over and say "hi" will ya? Maybe "like" me on Facebook? I recently set up a page, you can find it here:
http://facebook.com/MarnisOrganizedMess