Friday, January 14, 2011

Shopping Week of 1/8/11-1/14/11

All in all this week was a good one.  Between the free Special K and cheap lean cuisines I am working toward my goal of healthier buying within the budget.



Total Spending Week 2 = $43.09
Total Savings Week 2 = $263.62 or 86%

Total Spending Weeks 1&2 = $65.37
Total Savings Week 1&2 = $413.27 or 86%

The month is definitely off to a great start.  In keeping with my goal to eat better on this budget, I'm planning on purchasing some more "diet" frozen meals next week at Shoprite.  I normally wait for these to be 25-30c, but even at 59c I'm going to pick up several!  It might end up putting my budget a little over, but in the long run I know it will be good for the belly!





2 comments:

Debi @ Bluegrass Savers said...

This is definitely the time for great deals on healthier choices. A great start to set the tone for the year! Thanks for linking up at the Bluegrass Savers weekly shopping page.

Laura @ Frugal Follies said...

Great job! Looks like lots of healthy food there, too!


Thanks for linking up! Have a great week!
-- Laura from Frugal Follies