Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Our Daily Bread-Giving and Receiving


My husband has just moved into a new office and he now occupies a space next to a bread warehouse. The gentleman who owns and operates this business has been giving us the most delicious "day old" bakery bread.
What might the significance in this be? Of course, I am thrilled to receive free bread!
We truly believe that what we give will be returned to us. This general idea might take a million different forms. One of the great things about buying items on sale and finding great bargains is that we are able to give back more. This might be in the form of sharing the bounty of our shopping trips or in having extra money left over to donate directly to causes we believe in. Over the last few months I have found that we have been able to give more and more. Our extended family loves the goodies we share and our babysitter always gets a generous "tip" in the form of the week's deals. I have also had the great fortune of meeting people who are suffering at this time and putting together "care" boxes of food and toiletries. Of course, any items with out a direct person to donate to go to the food pantry where I know it will be put to good use. The appreciation for these goods is felt so deeply and is the best "thanks" we can receive. So, back to the bread.......
One of the areas in which I always struggled to find a GREAT deal was for bread. We avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup and prefer whole grain. So, the best deal I was finding was around $1.75 at the Freihoffers outlet. I have contemplated grinding my own wheat and making my own bread, but that will not happen in the near future. As soon as T began to give us this bread, I knew this was a way were being blessed in return for our good deeds to others.
T's generosity has been our blessing and as always we are being provided for in our blind faith.

No comments: