Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Chicken Broccoli Casserole -Thanks Grandma B!

This recipe is from my Grandmother, although, I am certain it is a common recipe.  My copy of the recipe is even in her handwriting!  Regardless of true origins, I will always consider it hers and remember her fondly as we enjoy it!

2 pkgs frozen broccoli (we often substitute 1 avg size bunch fresh broccoli)-crisp cooked and drained
3 whole chicken breasts- boiled for about 45m-1h.  Cut or pull off bone.
reserve cooking broth
Sauce:
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 Tblsp Mayonnaise
1/4 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
Topping:
1/2 c breadcrumbs
1.5 Tblsp butter

Lay broccoli in bottom of 9x13x2 pan. Lay chicken on top.
Over medium heat combine and stir sauce ingredients until cheese is melted.
Pour sauce over chicken and broccoli. If sauce seems to thick add reserved cooking broth from chicken to thin sauce.
Top with 1/2 c breadcrumbs browned in 1.5 Tblsp butter.
Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 1 hour.


CHECK BACK THIS AFTERNOON FOR A PHOTO WHEN I AM DONE COOKING!
DD3 has insisted that we go out in this brutally cold weather and I am amusing her so she doesn't go stir crazy on me!  My cooking will have to wait until after lunch.






No comments: