Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday's Tip: Coffee in Bulk

Photo Source

Cheryl Magat at Peet's Coffee recommends that consumers don't buy coffee in bulk.  In fact she recommends not buying more than a two week supply.  Now, for those of us who stockpile this is clearly not an option.  I can't imagine not taking advantage of a great coffee sale!  However, there are a couple things we can do to keep that coffee stockpile fresh.

~Grind it yourself.  Whole beans last longer.
~Store your coffee in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.



Source: Family Circle Magazine March 2011
 

2 comments:

LaVonne said...

I just heard that too. I also heard that the fridge and freezer is not a good place for your bulk coffee. Thanks for the tips!

I am visiting from Frugal Friday, it is nice to "meet" you. I hope you have a great weekend!

LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

Niki Jolene said...

Interesting. I have always stored mine in the fridge and it was okay. The big ole tubs!

But I'm no coffee aficionado or anything--just a tired mom! LOL