Sunday, July 10, 2011

Menu Plan Monday-- Back into the swing of things!


Well, I've been lacking in motivation and am finally feeling a bit of rejuvenation.  With that feeling comes the urge to get this organized and in order and with that goal in mind, I am back to menu planning.
I'm trying to be very realistic in my goals so that I can keep it real.  There are three major factors that play into menu planning at this stage in my life.
1-Healthier eating habits are important and I am working hard to keep it healthy.
2-By the end of my work day I am T-I-R-E-D!  I can't think about big, fancy meals.  It's time to keep it simple!
3-When it is hot I do not want to heat up the kitchen.


Here's what we are eating this week:
MONDAY- Stir Fry Style Sauteed Chicken and rice with salad
TUESDAY- Ham and couscous with green beans
WEDNESDAY- Spaghetti with peppers and broccoli
THURSDAY- Turkey dogs with salad
FRIDAY- Rice and beans with peppers and corn
SATURDAY- eat out treat: we're taking a day trip and I will pack lunches and plan to eat something out for dinner
SUNDAY- Caribbean Nights with brown rice

No comments: